Monday, October 5, 2020

Sitecore XP 9.3 - Fix for Images are not showing in site only.

Recently, I got a request to check an urgent issue, the issue was that a few images in the page header and page content were not showing.

When I open that image in a new tab (through the direct URL) it didn't work but when I did the refresh on that Image in the same tab it shows the actual image, weird scenario yeah!!

I quickly check the request and response object of the site and individual tab (Only image link) and found a difference, While making a call from the website the request is sending the referee, As mentioned in the below screenshot.


Solution - the option is to remove the referrer for the particular page, I have added metadata and set the below value.

 <meta name="referrer" content ="no-referrer">  

that change resolve the issue,

We can also update the SXA layout for that


Note - this is a quick fix, but may create another issue of explicitly adding this tag, I will update in case of any further issue because of this change.

Happy Sitecore instance troubleshooting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment